Gotham Shield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver}

2 posters

Go down

Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver} Empty Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver}

Post by Felicity Smoak Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Felicity knew the students would be arriving soon and she was so nervous. Headmasters Fury and Xavier had only recently recruited her to teach the Computer Science class now.

She went into the teachers Lounge. She needed some coffee. While most people got jittery with the caffeine she had become so addicted to it back in school that if she didn't have some she would start to shake.

She started working with the coffee maker to get it started but it didn't seem to like her and started steaming and freaking out on her.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver} Empty Re: Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver}

Post by Oliver Queen Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Oliver walked into the lounge, wanting to get some tea made to start the day. The moment he heard a shriek as he entered, he ran into the room, expecting some sort of attack. He was surprised to find that a woman was trying to get the maker to stop spazzing at her. He ran over and unplugged the machine. "You all right?" He asked, looking at the woman.

She had blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and dark rimmed glasses. He grabbed some napkins and handed them to her. "What happened?" He asked, turning back to the coffee maker.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver} Empty Re: Meeting the new girl (teacher edition) {tag Oliver}

Post by Felicity Smoak Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Felicity looked up and immediately began blushing as she looked at the man that saved her from the possessed coffee maker.  He was incredibly handsome and as she looked down his body carefully and she blushed even darker.  This guy was hot.

"Um yeah, Sorry.  I'm fine."  She looked over at him and saw the some water had gotten onto him.  "Oh I'm so sorry!"  Her eyes widened grabbing the napkins from him and began wiping up the water off of his shirt.  "I got you all wet!"   She continued wiping up on him.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am

Oliver turned back when she suddenly started wiping up his shirt. "Hey, don't worry about it." He said, catching her hands in his. "A little water never hurt anyone." He said, before looking back at the coffee maker. "were you trying to make coffee in it?" He asked, figuring out what happened before she told him.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 am

Felicity bit her lower lip when he grabbed her hand. "Sorry." She looked down at her feet nervously. "I'm just really nervous and I..." She trailed off in fear. Thinking about teaching all those students made her kind of quaky.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 am

"Whoa, hey, no need to be nervous, this coffee machine just hates coffee in it, that's all." Oliver told her, before letting go of her hands and pulling over the other coffee maker. "This is the one for coffee, the other one you were trying to use only likes tea for some reason." He said, shrugging. He put some fresh coffee into the coffee maker and started it up before cleaning out the other maker.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:08 am

Felicity looked up and smiled sweetly. "Thanks for the help." She twiddled her fingers as he fixed her some coffee in the right coffee maker. "I can't really function well without a good dose of caffeine." She reached out her hand to shake his. "I'm Felicity Smoak the new Computer Science teacher." She introduced herself smiling up at him.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Oliver gave her a smile over his shoulder. "Well, here," He said, before handing her a mug of coffee. "We've got creamer and sugar over there, so help yourself." He said, before taking her hand and shaking it. "Oliver Queen, head male gym teacher and coach for the male sport teams here." He said, before giving her a smile back.

"Welcome to Gotham Shield; you'll find no other school like it." He stated, before fixing some tea for himself.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Felicity smiled as she began mixing her drink.  "Thanks and I know that's why I took this job it was definitely the most challenging of all the offers I was given before I graduated from MIT.  And that is saying something because I was offered some big things.  I mean if you look at it just at the surface then it doesn't look that hard I mean your dealing with kids all day and yes that can be hard but by comparison to working on something for NASA or the NSA it doesn't look hard but with the students here and all the teacher and the variety of skill sets that everyone has I mean I did some in depth background checks on everyone here before I agreed to come, Not That I'm supper paranoid or anything but I like to know who I'm going to be around and there are some interesting characters around here and not just the teachers but the students as well I mean there's thieves, mobsters children, Cops kids, aliens, all sorts.  Not that I mind all these different kinds of people I just think it's really interesting that this place deals with all these kind of people and remains standing because some of the people here could do some real damage and..."  She trailed off.  "I just realized I'm babbling again sorry I do that sometimes."  She apologized blushing looking up at him through her eyelashes to see his reaction to her behavior.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Oliver looked at her amused as he poured his tea and stirred it. "Uh, yeah... there are a lot of interesting people here. Though, you had to dig a pretty deep to get information on everyone..." He said, taking a sip of his tea. "Hardly anyone knows that Oliver Queen is teaching at a school, not even my family knows that." He stated, looking at her both impressed, but slightly suspicious.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:20 am

Felicity blushed a bit darker at his impressed scrutiny. "Well yes that's true but the school records mention you and even thought you give all you get away, obviously, not that you give everything away," She blushed hard not believing how her mouth was running away with her. "Not that I would know anything about what you give away or don't give away." Her eyes widened as her mouth kept going and she couldn't stop. "I'm sure you don't just give anything away like a crazy person. Not that people who give things away are crazy, doing that kind of thing is very noble, and why can't I seem to keep my mouth closed for five minutes?" She asked with exasperation rubbing her forehead before taking a sip of her coffee.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Oliver looked at her amused, taking a sip of his tea. "Uh, yeah, I help out with financing some of the stuff needed for the school." He told her, confirming what she said, but in a simpler way.

"So, besides the interesting people that are at this school, any other reason why you decided to join?" He asked, curious of her reasons, seeing as it was obvious she didn't have any special powers or trained in combat in anyway.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Felicity smiled up at him with the confidence she usually reserved for hacking things and computer work. "I like a challenge." She said sweetly. "I just can't help it." She said still blushing as she glances away.

Desperate to change the subject from herself Felicity glanced at the coffee maker that made tea. "What kind of tea are you drinking?" she asked curiously.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:21 pm

He gave her a smile. "Well, you've found the right place for challenges." He told her. "If you ever need any help, just let me know and I'd be happy to help you out." He said, giving a genuine offer. He wouldn't say it out loud, but with her not having any sort of training like the students here were used to, he had the feeling some of them would give her a hard time for that...

He glanced down at his mug, thinking how that was an odd change of topics. "Herbal tea... I don't really drink much coffee anymore." He said, taking a sip.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Felicity smiled sweetly. "Oh right because you were on that island for 5 years." She stated like it was really interesting. Her eyes widened realizing what she had brought up. "I mean, I... don't know what I mean, sorry." She looked up at him regretting bringing up something that probably upset him. "Your right I guess I will need as much help as I can get."

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:14 pm

"That's uh... actually the reason." He said, honestly, before clearing his throat. He raised a hand up. "It's all right, don't worry about it." He told her, as he set his mug down.

"Well, don't sell yourself so short yet." He said, with a reassuring smile. "Have you ever worked with teenagers before?" He asked, curiously.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Felicity laughed and shook her head. "Only when I was one and that was not my best experience." She sipped her coffee. "Lets just say High school's not that great for 15 year old girls in the senior class." She said with a shrug. "It was not a pretty picture." She said with a laugh. "Frizzy hair, acne, braces, big coke bottle glasses, tripping all over herself." She laughed at herself.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:15 pm

"Ah... I never want to be a teenager again." He said, remembering how he was when he was one. He wasn't proud of the boy he was...

Hopefully he can be proud of the man he has become.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Felicity looked at Oliver curiously. She knew at least some of what he had been like when he was in high school after all you couldn't turn on the news or look at a magazine without seeing his face back then. She would think if anyone would want to go back it would be him, but as she thought she realized he might feel ashamed of that behavior now and that she could respect. While she had been the quint essential good girl, Oliver had been the rich, crazy party boy. If they'd meet back then at best he would have ignored her, at worst he would have been one of her tormenters. Looking at the man before her she couldn't see him being unnecessarily cruel and for that she was happy.

"I can't think of many people that would want to go back to that point of their lives even if they knew ways to change how they were then." She said with a gentle smile on her bright pink lips taking a sip of her coffee.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Queen Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Oliver gave a nod. "If any of the students give you trouble, just remind them that you're the teacher. I'm not saying be one of those mean teachers that gives everyone detention, I mean show off the reason why you were brought here, do something that will impress them and make them excited to be learning under you." He said, with a smile, remembering his first day and every first day since with the freshmen, that he would show off something he could do. He rmembered one time he took out his arrow and bow without the boys knowing, and shot off three arrows, one landed near Pietro's ear, one landed by Logan's foot, and one landed in front of Clark. None of them saw it coming, though he got to see Logan's bone claws first hand that day... Until he got adamantium claws later on...

"Have you taken a tour of the school yet?" He asked, curiously.

Oliver Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity Smoak Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Felicity instantly began thinking of how she could impress her students without breaking the law too badly. "I'll have to think of something that will give the students something to be impressed with. But no I haven't toured the school yet." She said nervously.

Felicity Smoak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum