Gotham Shield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3)

2 posters

Go down

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Empty Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3)

Post by Ororo Munroe Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:10 pm

It was a beautiful fall day and Ororo was enjoying every minute of it by flying and controlling some of the wind bursts. There was nothing she enjoyed more then flying, she felt bad for the people who had never done it. She closed her eyes and flew a little higher up and twirled a little bit in the air as she giggled. She wished every day was like this...she had kept her powers a secret from most everyone around her and only when she had received an invitation to this school had she realized there were others like her. She flew back to the ground rather reluctantly but knew she should probably head back inside.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_mcvwkjXgwq1rencuro2_500

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Empty Re: Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3)

Post by Angerboda Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:04 am

(hope you don't mind Angie? x3)

"Not often I get impressed by a mere mortal," someone said from behind Ororo only seconds after she had landed. Appearing to have been invisible the whole time, the young witch was seated comfortably by some bushes, a heavy book in her lap and eyes glued to the pages.
Turning a page and without looking up, she spoke again, voice void of any emotion. "Although to be fair, you're not exactly a 'normal' mortal, right?"
A smirk spread across her lips as she finally looked up to meet other womans eyes. "May I ask for you name, weather witch?"

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m7dqmoao7d1rtzlzf

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Empty Re: Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3)

Post by Ororo Munroe Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm

(not at all <333333)
Ororo jumped a little bit and looked around to see a woman sitting on a bench. It didn't escape her notice that she was positive this woman hadn't been there before, "Its not everyone who knows I'm a weather witch." She said carefully as she approached the woman. Most people probably would have assumed she just had a flying ability but her power was much more complicated then that. "You can call me Ororo Munroe, may I ask for your name?" She asked once she had gotten close enough.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m817q5pedq1rrsltx

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm

(yays! Very Happy)

Angerboda chuckled softly under her breath, returning her focus on the book on her lap. "Obviously not, most of the people in this realm are as good as blind," she said in a flat voice, making it sound like something obvious.
She turned another page, not showing if she took any notice when the other woman had come closer. "Ororo," she repeated softly, as if testing the name on her tounge before glancing up at her again. "Not a name I hear often around these parts," she said with small smile. "Means 'great mother' in persian..." she added with another chuckle while closing her book. "I think my true name is Angerboda, but an acquaintance of mine..." she snorted lightly. "...calls me Angie."

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m7dqozXP291rtzlzf

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:51 pm

She raised an eyebrow, "Great Mother? I didn't know about that." She admitted with a little laugh before listening to the woman say her own name. "Angerboda...she who offers sorrow." She said after a moment. "That's a Norse name isn't it?" She asked as she studied her with growing interest. She silently wondered who the acquantice was who called her Angie...it must be someone pretty bold.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m817rnBBPy1rrsltx

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:30 pm

The jotun witch stared at her for a moment, expression completley empty. Even if it didn't show, she was a little surprised that Ororo actully knew of her name, and well enough to know the meaning of it...
"Not bad," she said after a moment, a smiling slyly up at the other young woman. She could see the growing interest in Ororo's eyes, and for once she didn't actully mind it that much. Anige was afterall a little intruged by her as well. Why else would she have botherd making her presence known?
"I take it you read it alot? How else would you happen to know the meaning and origin of a name like mine," she chuckled. "Only my kind even knows how to pronounce it right."

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m0p16s1ZRi1r6qk1z

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Ororo nodded, "Yeah I kind of am a bit of a nerd when it comes to history. I like knowing as much as I can about cultures and languages, granted I'm not amazing at it but I do enjoy learning." She admitted with a shrug. Shortly after she had been found as an orphan she had been taught how to read and ever since she had enjoyed learning. "You mentioned an acquantince calls you Angie...does that person have a name?" She asked lightly.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_mdr7dqWwRk1rufrnp

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Angie snorted again when Ororo asked about her 'acquantince', making a little grimace of annoyance the more she thought about him.
"He has, like me, many names," she said with a sigh, leaning back slightly while crossing her arms over her chest. She glanced around the yard with bored eyes, until her gaze landed on some flowers further away. "Unlike me, he is well known. I'm sure you've heard about Loki the Trickster."

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_metyei8Xyz1qhavszo1_500

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Ororo had to remember some of the Norse mythology books that she had gotten her hands on years ago but slowly started to nod. "The name does ring a bell." She admitted as she started to remember some things about him. It didn't escape her notice that Angerboda didn't seem all too thrilled to be talking about him, "Is he at the school too?" She asked curiously.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m7ccncNyOr1rsz4pr

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Angie made a face again. "Yes, he is," she huffed, looking back at her. She gave her blank look for a short moment, before giving her a sly smirk again. "Curious one aren't you," she titled her head slightly. "Why, you feel like meeting him as well? Knowing him, he wouldn't mind in the slightest~" she purred, her smile turning... colder.

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_mfke7hyLNw1qce4pqo1_500

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Ororo shook her head, "Oh I'm not interested in meeting him." She said honestly and then chuckled a little bit. "Its not everyday I meet someone with a Norse name but I'm guessing there's more to you then meets the eye." She added as she glanced over at her with a measuring look. She could almost tell this woman was powerful...how powerful she wasn't entirely sure but she could feel that.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m7dm4sRRvo1rsz4pr

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:59 am

She raised an eyebrow at this. "Then why bother asking about him?" she pointed out, menatlly noting herself to spat at the trickster's fcae that 'See, you're not that intressting', next time he decided to turn up. This thought made her smirk codly again, looking almost content for a few seconds there.
As Ororo continued to speak, she looked up with another blank face, yet again not showing any kind of emotions. And then, as if havign heard the other young woman's thoughts she let out a dry chuckle.
"My, curious and observant," she cooed amused. "I might actually start to like you."

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m033a5dHzs1r6qk1z

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 am

"Well you did bring him up." She pointed out with a small smile. At her other words Ororo frowned, "Its hard to explain but I can read the energy on people. So with people who have powers or mutant strengths, I can get a read on that....only downside is that I am sensing these things constantly. Its not often someone can sneak up on me without my knowledge...today was a first." She admitted almost shyly and with some excitement.

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:46 am

"Point taken," she snickerd and leaned back slightly on the bench.
Her eyes travelled back towards the same flowers she had been eyeing before, only half litsening at first when Ororo continued to speak. She snorted again as she heard the excitment in the other girls voice, neither flatterd or offended by her words.
"Maybe beacuse I'm neither human or a 'mutant', or whatever your kind call them," she mutterd.
Slowly tearing away her eyes from the flowers once more and back to her, Angie looked almost curious. "But I still feel we share some things common..." she half mumbled in thought.
"Tell me, do people fear you?"

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m2xvnqaQNt1qhavszo1_500

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Ororo hesitated at the question and the excitement that had been in her eyes slowly died.  "When I was five, my parents were killed trying to protect me from those who wanted to hurt me because of my powers.  Our home was destroyed and I...I had to fight my way out of the rubble.  I distanced myself from people after that...I grew up in Egypt and became a pick pocket.  I struggled to keep my powers a secret but one day a man tried to rape me and I had no choice but to use them." She said eventually a small hint of her Kenyan accent showing through as she spoke.  A single tear fell from her eyes but she didn't act as if she had felt it against her skin.  "I know how people can be when they are fearful and not thinking and I pity their ignorance." She said with a sudden anger before she looked away.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m5dnpcdNz31rqlmfi

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:36 pm

(awww that gif D: <3)

Angerboda went completly silent as Ororo spoke, once more going back to showing no hint of any emotion, or even a sign that she was paying attention.
She had her eyes closed, arms gently crossed over her slim form and head slightly titled forward. She opened her eyes slowly and stared at the tear slowly trailing down the dark-skinned woman's cheek.
She didn't seemed moved or the slightles bit concernd over Ororo's sad lifestory. She's heard them all before more times than she could count. The jotun witch had learned early on that this was simple the human nature... ironically so, very much alike her own kind and enemies back home.
"Pretty pathetic, huh," she said after a quet moment, a small, icy smile spreadign across her face. "When there's something you can't explain or control... it is immediately stampled as danger in the frail human minds."
A low chuckle erupted from her, quiet at first before slowly goign up in volume. "But that's what makes them so fun watch, to play with...."
She looked up, smiling widely at Ororo. "...and to destory~"
Her eyes glowed, and the flowers she had been looking at through the whole conversation went up in flames, and quickly after withered to ashes.
"Ah... oops," she snickerd, acting as if nothing had happend. "That happens sometimes when I get overwhelmed."

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m08iz7Yz2w1r6qk1z

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am

Ororo frowned and doused the flame with a tiny cloud of rain before dissapating it.  "I didn't realize my story would overwhelm you." She said as she gave her an unreadable look.  "People are afraid of what they don't understand...in my case they're afraid of how fast I can change the weather." She said with a sigh before she glanced at the bench, "Is it all right if I join you?" She asked eventually.
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m7dlbgelmI1rsz4pr

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 am

Angerboda didn't seem to notice Ororo douse her little flame, that or she didn't care in the slightest. She kept smirking to herself as she leaned back agaisnt the bench again, looking content for the moment.
She already new what Ororo was about to ask when she glanced down at the bench, and when she did Angie simply gave her a blank before glancing away again, showing she didn't mind or care if the young woman joined her.
"So," she spoke when the other took a seat. "Is it fair to say you're used to supernatural things?"

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m08fw1GfUe1r6qk1z

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ororo Munroe Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Ororo considered her words for a moment, "Like witches and demons?" She asked just to clarify before shrugging, "I guess so, why?" She asked curiously as she glanced over at Angerboda. She herself was descended from witches so who was she to say that things of the supernatural weren't real?
Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_mdr7hdLOvg1rufrnp

Ororo Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angerboda Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:52 pm

Angie gave her a half smile, coyping her as she agve a shrugg too. "Just checking you're not oen of those weak minded people who rather think they're crazy than accept the cruel reality," she said flatly. "But sicne you're not, I won't feel the need to smash your head open against the ground," she said happily.

Start of A New Beginning (tags: Anyone :3) Tumblr_m0du2ivsLh1r1fabt

Angerboda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down