Gotham Shield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore}

2 posters

Go down

New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore} Empty New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore}

Post by Rogue Smith Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Rogue had made her way out of the auditorium, glad that she had sat in the back near the exits for a quick getaway. She made her way to the courtyard that was by the dorms, and was relieved when no one else was around. She moved over to the sit under the biggest tree and relaxed under it. She glanced around, hoping no one would show up while she had this time alone.

She settled under the tree and took out her pen and journal. Seemed her journal was the only thing that would get an inside look at what was going on in her head. She took her glove off her right hand, feeling more comfortable to write without it on. She sat and started to write about her beginnings...
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore} Empty Re: New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore}

Post by Raven Darklore Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Raven watched as her daughter rushed out of the auditorium. She followed after her at a discreet distance letting her have her space. She knew Rogue well enough to know she wanted her alone time. She watched as her daughter sat under a tree and began writing in her journal. She stepped forward slowly making plenty of noise letting Rogue put her book away before they would speak.

"Hello Darling." She smiled softly watching her lovely daughter look up at her.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore} Empty Re: New School, New Start {Tag: Raven Darklore}

Post by Rogue Smith Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Rogue tensed a little when she heard a sound of someone approaching her. She looked up through her white bangs to see her foster mother walking towards her. She quickly put her journal away and quickly put her glove back on, hoping her foster mother wouldn't say a word about it this time.

"Uh... hi, Raven..." She said, moving a little bit of her white bangs back behind her ear.
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 am

Raven smiled softly she knew Rogue was not very comfortable with her yet. "How are you liking this new school? I know it can be difficult being in a radically different environment, and I want to make sure you're acclimating well." She told her gently.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Smith Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:24 am

"Uh, well, it's just mah first day here... The day hasn't really started yet... We'll, uh, just have to see how it goes, I guess..." She said, her Mississippi accent coming out strong.

Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 am

Raven smiled lightly. "Well I just want you to know that if you need anything you can come to me. I want you to be comfortable here, happy." She said kindly. She moved down and sat on her knees.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Smith Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:12 am

Rogue nodded her head. "Thanks, Raven..." She said, with a small smile.

"So... uh, how long have ya been a teacher here?" She asked, having not asked the question before. She only really knew that there were other "gifted" kids at this school... like herself...

If you could call what she had a "gift"...
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 am

Raven smiled wishing she could hold Rogue. But she knew that since her powers came out Rogue shied away from physical contact from anyone and Raven didn't want to make Rogue uncomfortable around her. "I've been teaching here for 5 years now." She said simply. "Tell me dear at your old schools what classes did you like best?" She asked curiously.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Smith Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 pm

"Wow, seems to be a long time to stay at one place..." Rogue said, never having stayed in one places for so long after her mother died and after her... incident that revealed her "gift" to her...

"Uh... English, I guess... I don't really know anymore... it's been too long..." She said, glancing away.
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Raven smiled and nodded. "Oh I can definitely agree with you on that. A few years ago I would have been right there with you. Most of my life I was running from something or running too something but after I came here..." She trailed of trying to find the right works. "You can trust the people here Rogue, they aren't going to judge you or hate you because of what you can do. I mean look at me." She gestured to herself indicating her blue skin. "It took me some time but I found I could trust the people here that they wouldn't be cruel like the rest of the world. Give this place a chance. It might surprise you." She reached out and carefully stroked Rogues hair.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Smith Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Rogue flinched back when Raven reached out and carefully stroked her hair. "Don't..." She said, moving to get up, careful to avoid touching her. "...I could hurt you..." She said, moving away from her foster mother.

"I-I should go find mah room... I'll talk to ya later, Raven..." She said, before she moved to go back inside.
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:44 am

Raven stood quickly and touched Rogues shoulder slowing her down. "Darling I know this is hard, but your going to have to learn to trust someone. If it's not me that's fine but please let someone in. And you need to learn that people can be careful themselves, I knew touching your hair like I did wasn't going to hurt either of us. And Dear just because you have to be careful about flesh to flesh doesn't mean you have to deny yourself all forms of physical contact. I know you need to be carefully but doing that can also be dangerous to your psyche. Just keep those things in mind in the future." She said with a gentle smile.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Smith Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Rogue glanced back at her foster mother, hearing her words, but not taking them to heart like she knew her foster mother wanted. "...I'll try." She said, to get her off her back about it. "I... I really gotta find my room now... I'll see you later." She said, before quickly entering into the building to get away from her foster mother.

Rogue knew she meant well, but she felt that her foster mother didn't completely understand what she was going through.

At least your power let's ya change your appearance... not kill them or putting them in a coma and gaining all of their abilities and feelings and thoughts.... She thought, before finding the room she was assigned, not even seeing the name of her roommate on the door.
Rogue Smith
Rogue Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Darklore Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Raven sighed as she watched Rogue walk off. She would just have to be patient with the girl and be there for her when she needed someone. She could do that. She hoped.

Raven Darklore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down